25min Spicy Crispy Mushroom Curry
This mushroom curry is quick, fast, fiery and so so so good! In less than 30mins you can have a gorgeous curry. Serve this at a dinner party to your guests and they are guaranteed to be impressed. The gravy is sticky, spicy, tangy and the mushrooms are coated in a wonderful slightly chewy and crispy batter. It is so good! Get making peops!
- • 200g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- • 4 cloves garlic
- • Thumb size ginger, roughly chopped
- • 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- • 1 red chilli
- • 1 green chilli
- • 4 tbsp corn flour
- • 4 tbsp water
- • 1 tbsp soy sauce
- • 2 tbsp tomato puree
- • 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- • Salt to taste
- • Finely chopped spring onions for garnishing.
- In a food processor, blitz into a paste the garlic, ginger, shallots, chillies, corn flour, water and soy sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the paste over the mushrooms and mix well, ensuring an even coating.
- In a small non-stick wok or sauce pan, heat vegetable or sunflower oil. Add the marinated mushrooms and cook for 4-5minutes before flipping the mushrooms to cook on the other side for a further 3-4minutes. You’ll notice that the paste starts to thicken and form an almost jelly like coating around the mushrooms. As the mixture cooks, it will start to brown and become crisp. Use a spatula to toss the mushroom every so often and unstick any bits from the pan. Don’t worry about any stubborn bits, we’ll remove these later when we add the tomato puree.
- Once the mushrooms have had 3-4minutes on both sides and the paste has started to form a golden crust around them, add the tomato puree. The acidity from the puree will help to deglaze the pan and remove any stick bits. Cook for a further 3-4minutes and remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving.